Monday, July 5, 2010

The Base

Runnng in a 5K. Picture is taken outside of the dining facility.
My roommate.
The main drag. The trees are very nice, makes me feel more at home than anything else. My house is down on the right behind the wall.

Sign for the med clinic. A bit of a tease...
Flag poles that fly the flags of every country taking part in this mission. Mountains in the background.
My room. My locker on the left, a TV on the left that doesn't work, and my bed. My roommate's stuff is to the right. You can see his locker.
The house. In the back is the house, we live upstairs. Downstairs is office space. The building on the right (Park Place) is where I work. IG is upstairs, contracting downstairs. These are just sea shipping containers converted into offices.
The office. 6 of us sit in here, I sit in the back left. My flight chief sits in the back right. We have 4 contracting officers that sit in there with us, and 2 civilians that sit in the office next door (total of 8 in the section). We turn about 190 contracting actions a week.

Another area on base where they are converting shipping containers into office space. This will eventually become the same setup as my office. Every possible area is being built on at the base, I hear there are 4 pools that used to be here, they have been filled with buildings put on top of them. Real estate is at a premium due to the surge.

1 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

Great photos John! As Mom will say it is always nice to see your home for the next 6 months!