Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Visit to the Krankenhaus (Sick House)

On May 29, we went to the hospital for our routine check-up; I was just going to have a fetal heartbeat test. But I guess I was having some contractions and my cervix was thinning to 1/2 the size it was supposed to be. I ended up staying the week in the sick house, on a magnesium drip to stop the contractions. I watched a lot of movies and did some reading, John and friends brought me lots of treats, and I learned how to say "see you tomorrow" to the nurses (bis morgan). It was a long week, but the contractions appear to have stopped and I've been taking it easy at home. The doctor, midwives and nurses were very good to me, with only a few language barriers (like heartburn, ice and cereal/milk!!). They don't use ice here, so when the nurse figured out what I was saying, she said....ahhh like at McDonalds! My friend brought me some ice the next day!
Pre-Registration...we loved listening to the heartbeat!! Now it really isn't exciting, and I've had so many ultrasounds it's like uh, ok! We did get a 3-D ultrasound out of the ordeal, so that was special!
My home for the week! The bathroom shower was great!!! Wish ours was that big! I loved the seat in the shower! Notice my sexy tights that I wore for the week to prevent clots! I'm bringing sexy back!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving the tights! Glad that everything is okay - counting down!! How exciting!

The Vrabecs said...

Yay, yay, yay! Thanks for the pictures!! You look great. You are one sexy mamma, literally!!! We miss you so much and can't wait to see pics of the little guy in just a few weeks :)