Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wes and Dad go to Belgium

On Saturday, April 11, John and Wes headed to Belgium to see the grottos and wildlife park!!  I was excited for them to spend this time together and see the cool animals and caves.  I was excited for me, because they were gone from about 0700 until 2000 (8pm)...I was going to scrapbook, relax, watch Australia and Vicky Christina Barcelona.

Well, I helped them get out the door and never could go back to sleep.  I had breakfast, cleaned out the hall cabinet, and started to watch a movie, when I realized I was having contractions.  Since I was only 35 weeks at the time and had gone into early labor with Wes, I ended up going into the hospital and they said I was dilated to almost 2 and still having contractions.  I ended up staying for 3 nights, but all is well now!!

John and Wes had a wonderful time in Belgium.    Some of our friends ended up being on the trip, which was great!!  I know some of you (DEB) could care less about the animal pics, but We s loves to get on the computer and look at our blog!  John and Wes ended up spending a lot of time together and came to visit me everyday at the hospital.  It was a good trial run for Hailey's arrival!  I was afraid he would cry when it was time to leave me, but he stayed long enough until he was ready to go and just said "bye bye mommy".   What a relief!  









3 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

Love the pics - even the animal ones. The first pic of Wes is priceless. He is really passed out in that other photo - head total to the side - that can't be comfortable. Give me or Katie a call tomorrow if you can - I have the day off and we will just be hanging out!

The Regal Pup said...

Looks like those boys had a fun day trip! I'm glad everything is ok with the baby!

Cousin Stacie said...

I'm glad that Hailey is waiting a little bit longer...