Monday, April 6, 2009

John's Trip to Egypt!

Here are some highlights from the recent trip to Egypt...


Me on the largest of the 3 pyramids
Kristen & Jed as their camel is standing up...notice Kristen's face...
Why yes, that is a man-purse!
Apparently Napoleon's Army used the sphynx for cannon target practice. 

At Saqqara pyramid, the oldest human structure on earth.  
Abu Simbel.
An illegal photo I snuck of the statues inside Abu Simbel.

I dared swim the mighty Nile, and have no new bacteria to speak of...

Our sailboats.
Typical view of Egypt, this trash is right outside a children's school...
Some carvings...
Another "illegal" photo from inside King Ramses IV tomb...
And another...
And another...this is what the hieroglyphs looked like all colored in (original)
Here is one of "the artist formerly Known as Prince"

We got yelled at for this photo, but I got a snap before the guard got to us...
The amazing temple of Karnak...my favorite sight...look how small the person is...those columns are huge!

3 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

YEAH!! So glad you posted the pics!! And I'm so glad you had so much fun!! Love the pics!! Especially the one of you riding the camel!!

Kristi Kendall said...

Love the diving in the Nile. I didn't put my head under the water and you just dive in!! Thanks for the illegal photos I will add them to my collection.

Susan said...

Loved the photos - I need to go there!