Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wes Words

  • I have taught Wes to say "I poop Momma" when prompted with a question such as "Did you poop, Wes?".  Well, this morning I woke up to  a noise and then "I fart Momma....fart."  Great.  The battle begins.  I think "toot" would be much better, but John has clearly worked very hard to introduce this word to our son. 
  • Wes misses Daddy all day long, asking about him before he even gets out of bed in the morning. "Daddy at work, oh no.  Daddy home.  Base.  Eat (with) Daddy.  See Daddy."  Yesterday we had to pick John up from work so that we could go pick up the Jeep from an oil change.  I asked Wes if he was happy to see Daddy because he kept smiling and laughing.  He kept saying, over and over "Happy Daddy.  Happy see Daddy".  So cute!!
  • Wes says "Danke" instead of "Thank you" over 90% of the time.  It is so cute to hear him say "Danke Daddy" or "Danke guy" and people think it's pretty cute to hear!
  • Wes had gotten out of bed Sunday morning and John didn't know.  When he went to put the dogs out; Wes said "boo Daddy" and actually scared John!  He had hidden between the wall and a bureau in the hall.  (I, of course, heard him get up!!)
  • When we get to the gate on base, Wes always says "Bye guy" to the gate guard!
  • Loving his colors, numbers, and letters!  Counting, sounds, and color blocks, paints and crayons are big hits these days!  Go WES!!!
  • Wes has learned that J says "J" like in John, so I thought it was time to teach him our names (hoping he would still call us Mommy and Daddy).  He spent a good part of Sunday evening telling us my name was "broccoli".  When asked tonight, he said "Becca" clear as could be!
  • Wes will pull up my shirt and kiss my belly and say "hi baby"; then immediately pull my shirt down and say "bye-bye baby".  I know he'll be a great big brother, but I really think he will say "All done, Baby" and try to put her under my shirt a few times at first!!

5 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Too cute...I am glad you did this. They are awesome to look back at down the road when Mommy Brain takes over and we can't remember what happened 2 minutes ago!

Kristi Kendall said...

They are adorable!! Can't wait to see him again. He is growing up so quickly. Love the Danke. Hopefully he will keep that up for awhile and not switch back to Thank you too soon.

Unknown said...

Lol..these are great! I always forget to do this. I couldn't stand the thought of G saying fart, so we settled with Rip It...and when he does it, he will say "I'm sorry...I rippits". Which works, because we say it sounds like a frog in his bottom!

Nic said...

so, so sweet. :)

Cousin Stacie said...

I love reading these descriptions of how Wes is growing up. I can't wait to see him again. But when??? Hmmm...

I love the "rip it" comment above! HA! That is hilarious.