Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beda Fest


This weekend has been so much fun!  We've had visitors from Kentucky (Bec's Uncle Allen and Aunt Anne) and Amsterdam (Bec's cousin Eliza and her girlfriend Laura)!!!  On Saturday we went to a wine probe in the darling town of Trittenheim, which is on the Mosel River.  From there, we had a great dinner with some friends that joined us on the wine probe.  Today, we went to Bitburg for the annual Beda Fest (the old celtic name for Bitburg).  
John, Becca, Laura, Uncle Allen, Aunt Anne, Eliza and Wes!
The Steinbocks posing with the Bitburg steinbocks!!
Wes loves balloons (they freak me out because I'm always waiting for them to POP!), so these were really the highlight of his day!   

When the ride was over, he kept asking for more...so of course we said OK!!  When the second ride was over, he still wanted more, as you can see him signing and saying "more" in the picture below!  Our little guy was pretty sad as we walked away from the train:(

Doner Kebabs are John's favorite, so this is where we ended up for lunch!  He and Uncle Allen had kebabs, while we shared a pizza!

4 comments:

Kristi Kendall said...

Love the new pics. Looks like a fun weekend.

Nic said...

Love the photos! Wish I could come visit!! :)

The Vrabecs said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, looks cold though!!

Cousin Stacie said...

Aw, I wish I was there! I didn't understand your phone message at all! I thought you were in KY. Please call again! I miss talking to you.